I Own A Small Business
As small business owners ourselves, we understand how many moving parts there are outside of the business’s day to day operations. These parts could be health insurance, retirement plans, and business overhead insurance. With so many potential options, we can help pick what works for you, your business, and your employees.
Health insurance plans and premiums have changed drastically in the past few years and will continue to do so. It’s important to look at the whole picture by means of premiums and the benefits they provide. Very often, businesses have not received enough information or a comprehensive comparison of their plan. Really, a review should be done before the end of 2013 to best position you and your small business for 2014.
Here are some new concepts that are important to know:
- Bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. What do these mean?
- How much of an employee’s income can go towards premiums?
- What exactly is “Full Time Equivalency”?
- Are there different plans offered on and off the exchange?
- Should we look at buying from the exchange or staying on our group insurance?
- What are these acronyms: SHOP, PPACA, FTE, ACO?
If you don’t know the answers to these, give us a call or email.